Monday, April 26, 2010

Hw 47


class film ideas:
I had the idea of a student walking on the desks while giving a rousing speech, which really appealed to me for the pure visual and interest value. Depending on the type of story, this speech could either rally the students to rebellion or be completely ignored.
Since I am partial to the idea of a parody (I feel that not only would it be funny, but like our "cool" unit videos, it might be a way to draw people in and get a message across) I focused the rest of my ideas on a story that would be funny but touching and have a somewhat less conventional message.
I had the following ideas along those lines:
-->intentional overuse of tropes
-->teacher trying to save kids who don't need to be saved
---->in this case, there could be one kid who does, in fact, need to be saved, and the more heartfelt part of the film could involve the teacher actually saving them.
------>off of that, the teacher could save them by taking on the role of a friend instead, thereby preserving the notion of the "super teacher" as just being their fantasy and sending the message that, while people can be 'saved', it doesn't require a missionary to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment